Pre-physical therapy/pre-occupational therapy is an excellent preparatory program for graduate study in physical or occupational therapy as well as post-baccalaureate study in exercise physiology, biomechanics, and cardiac rehabilitation.
Within this specialization, you will learn to:
- Identify procedures for immediate care for injuries, including standard emergency procedures and wound care
- Apply the principles of measurement/evaluation as they relate to injury assessment and rehabilitation
- Apply the principles of biomechanics related to injury assessment and rehabilitation
- Apply the principles of exercise physiology to prescribe safe and effective rehabilitation programs
- Identify preventative techniques, bracing, and/or taping to reduce the frequency or severity of performance injuries
Part of the pre-physical therapy/occupational therapy specialization is an internship. This rewarding experience lets students work hands-on in the field, building experience and credentials.
Other pre-physical therapy/pre-occupational therapy useful links